Monday, April 5, 2010

Day 6: Heart Virtue (Greg Mooers)

     I went to a self-help workshop, Unlock Your Heart Virtue, by Greg Mooers.  Your heart virtue has been with you since you were a child and it is what drives you daily in all of your actions.  It is fulfilled when you get goosebumps from something you heard or watched in a movie.  Oppositely, when they are violated this is when you get enraged.  After a few exercises I found out that I am committed to harmony, respect and equality and I totally am!  One night, on the cruise, at the dinner table, there wasn't harmonious conversation so I felt that I needed to contribute.  I asked everyone what their favorite movie was.  This way, equally, everyone most likely has a favorite movie.  Respectfully, we all shared (not one person was left out).  Harmoniously, we all enjoyed the conversation.  Phew, all was well in my world.    
     I am committed to harmony, respect and equality.  This is the whole basis of why I get goosebumps when I watch the scene at the end of The Notebook when Noah and Allie are dancing together in the end.  They are in harmony with each other.  They have been through a lot; they respect each other and treat each other as equals.  I am committed to harmony, respect and equality.  This is why when Nate made the comment that he dislikes when television shows prey on women's emotions I got so upset.  He just made a comment, afterall, about his dislike in tv producers manipulating viewers to buy into what they are selling.  A legitimate comment in hindsight but I was enraged because I felt he wasn't respecting women and not treating them as equals.  Why aren't tv shows preying on men's emotions?  Why only women's?  I felt harmony was being threatened by his comment.
     I am so glad I stepped out of my comfort zone and went to this workshop to figure out my heart virtue.  Now I know why I do certain things and why I get so mad at certain times.  I also know I can fall back on my heart virtues when I am upset.  If someone is complaining (something I don't like to hear) I can say, "I am committed to harmony."  That's it.  Since I am committed to this I am saying that I don't want to hear any complaining.  This way I am protecting myself from getting enraged.  I am loving myself. 

We all have different heart virtues.  If you want to find out yours you can check out Greg Mooers book, Unlock Your Heart Virtue at http://www.bridge2bliss.com/products.html or you can ask me to walk you through finding yours.  We can do it through email.  It's easy and worth it.

I will continue to read chapter 3 from Wayne Dyer's book, Your Erroneous Zones.  I really wanted to share my findings from this weekend because I am so excited about my discovery of my heart virtues and I hope you want to find out yours too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you have to say!